Welcome, all newbies and seniles! This is a list of common terms and their abbreviations that you're likely to come across when cruising the Library.
- AL: Akatsuki Leader; the unknown leader of Akatsuki who looked like Naruto with spikes, later revealed as Nagato.
- BH: Blue Hair; the unknown member of Akatsuki who had blue hair, later revealed as Konan.
- BM: Biju Mode
- Canon, Cannon: Info from things with Masashi Kishimoto's name splattered all over it, like the manga, databooks, fanbooks, artbooks, and interviews. Anime and games need not apply.
- Fakt: Tag prefixed to a thread to indicate that it uses indisputable facts to prove an false/absurd/joke theory or idea.
- Filler: Characters and events just there to take up space. Can refer to things in manga or anime.
- Fixed: Comment left after editing another's quote, often for a humorous effect.
- Fodder: Characters there to take one for the team, giving attacks an impact without sacrificing main characters. Often nameless.
- Jizz: Former member whose devotion to duping rivals his devotion to all things Sasuke.
- Kabuchimaru, Orochibuto, Kabutorochimaru, Orochimabuto: Mash-ups of names to reflect the genetic mash-up Kabuto applied to himself.
- KCM: Kyuubi Chakra Mode
- KN(x): (x)-Tailed Kyubi Naruto; Naruto tapping into Kurama's chakra as noted by number of tails (x). Range of 0-9.
- Modfuck: When a mod fucks with a poll or thread and everyone else has to suffer/enjoy the consequences. Sometimes applied to an Admin messing with user or section names.
- Nardo: Cute shortening of Naruto.
- NH, NaruHina: Pairing term for NarutoXHinata
- NS, NaruSaku: Pairing term for NarutoXSakura
- One shot: Using one and only one technique to beat or kill an opponent. Often misused.
- OP: Opening Post(er); maker of the thread or the first post in the thread. Its meaning depends upon context. Can sometimes stand for One Piece.
- Plot no Jutsu, PnJ, Talk no Jutsu, TnJ:
- Prooved, 100% Prooved: It's really not.
- Pwned, Owned: Created a post so brilliant that the opposing side could not possibly counter.
- QB: Phonetic abbreviation for Kyubi
- Rep, Reputation: You can never have enough of this.
- Rikudo Mode, RM: Dated term for Naruto's Kyubi Chakra Mode.
- Sasgay: Derogatory name for Sasuke.
- Shitstorm: What happens when fandoms clash. Often brewed by trolls.
What Itachi doesWhen a single character or single technique wins the fight or battle on his/her/its own.
- SN, SasuNaru: Pairing term for SasukeXNaruto.
- SS, SasuSaku: Pairing term for SasukeXSakura.
- Sukura, Suckura: Derogatory name for Sakura.
- Tard, -tard: Overzealous fan blind to reasoning negative to favorite character(s) or positive to hated character(s). Use of the term is largely frowned upon.
- Tobito: Obito = Tobi; Popular theory about the identity of Tobi.
- Troll: Someone who posts joke or fake things with the intention of angering others/starting a fight. Do not feed.
- Wank: Zealous exaggeration of a character's skills or achievements.